Hathern Charity Estate 1899
Below you can see the document that records the Charity Commission's approval of the scheme called the Hathern Charity Estate.The date of approval is given as 21st April 1899 following an application made in 1896 by a majority of the Trustees of the Charity (listed on the opening page). Notice of the contents of the scheme had been posted on the Church door, published in local newspapers and sent by post the Rector and the remainder of the Trustees (page 2).
The document describes the rules for administration of the Charity by the Trustees including the management of property owned by the Charity (schedule of property is on page 11) and how the income is to be allocated, which includes contribution to support of the School, prizes to children for attendance and accomplishment, payments ("exhibitions") for further education. Other payments are to be made to the poor, sick and destitute and for maintenance of street lighting and winding the church clock.
Pages 13 to 18 additionally contain details of the Charity Commissions approval of the scheme for the Hathern Educational Foundation in 19th April 1907 in which the Trustees of the Hathern Charity Estate are joined by two representatives from Leicestershire County Council. Income allocation is mostly as before but will include some payment to managers at the School.
The last page of the book (previosly blank) contains the signatures of Hathern people added many years later, presumably trustees.